Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sunset on the Homestead

Sunset is a beautiful time of reflection on God's glory and the glory of His creation. Many times in the Bible, we hear about how the beauty and majesty of this world reflect only a small portion of God's beauty and majesty. There is a calmness, stillness, and quiet at sunset in the country that I love. It's one of those times (sunrise being another) when I'll just stop my work outside and stare. I give thanks to the Lord for each of those times, and that life moves slow enough here for us to be able to enjoy the sunset.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were in high school, and, at least twice, there was a thunder storm. I would find you in the garage in a lawn chair watching. You said that it was great to watch "nature's lights." Do you remember? I do.
Let me know by email if these comments are coming through. I am not sure I am doing it right. Mom