Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What Makes A Good Homestead Wife?

1. Enjoys the outdoors.
2. Likes gardening (so much so that she does it in the blazing heat while 9 months pregnant).
3. Likes driving the riding lawnmower (so much so that she does it in the blazing heat while 9 months pregnant).
3. Likes to cook from scratch (and doesn't care how much weight her husband gains as a result).
4. Loves animals
5. Can shovel manure without gagging.
6. Can eviserate a chicken without gagging.
7. Washes her hands after shoveling manure and eviserating chickens before she touches her husband.
8. Finds animal birth a beautiful and fun event and does not gag.
9. Can turn a compost pile full of manure and rotting vegetables without gagging.
10. Can feed and water a pig, get slimed with mud/manure by said pig, and not gag
11. Can look at a muddy, dirty, stinky pig and talk about how cute she is.
12. Can look at a muddy, dirty, stinky pig and at the same time talk about how good she'll taste.
13. Can milk a cow who just pooped and pee'd right by her head and not gag.
14. Can milk a cow who just pooped and pee'd right by her head and still talk about how pretty she is.
15. Is not grossed out by drinking raw milk, even after seeing the ugly side of the animal it comes from.
16. Enjoys making her own butter, yogurt, ice cream, sour cream, etc when most women would rather buy it from the store (and not see the ugly side of the animal it came from).
17. Can get filthy dirty and sweaty on the homestead working her tail off, and still look amazing 30 minutes later when it's time to go out for dinner.
18. Can watch a cow eat her own placenta after birth and not gag.
19. Is mind-numbingly beautiful (ok, that ones just a bonus).
20. Loves Star Trek as much as her husband (alright, I'm getting off track. I think the list is big enough).

Wonder of wonders! Regina has all these requirements! I knew I picked me a good country woman.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! I bet you could go on and on, and the last one about being a "Treckie" <--which I spelled wrong I'm sure, yeah, that one made me laugh out loud. As far as the other ones, I think I gagged three times just reading about Regina not gagging :) He He I miss you guys!